Saturday, October 22, 2011

lamp revamp

I was given a cardboard lamp base over the summer and had a yard of fabric from IKEA laying around so I decided to combine the two to make a lamp for my studio. I wrapped the fabric around the base inside out and then marked it with a pin, then I sewed a seam at the mark to make a sleeve. Hemmed the top and bottom to the correct height to cover the cardboard area, and slipped the finished sleeve over the base. It was quick to make and will be easy to change for a new look if I ever get tired of this fabric, though I'm loving it so much, it's hard to imagine wanting to change it.

Here's the before and after:
















2 comments:

  1. Great idea!
    And love that - is it wallpaper on the left? Cool color and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann!

    That's actually a curtain panel from IKEA.
    I love the pattern too, one of my favorite things in the room.

    ReplyDelete